- Become a member of PFLAG and join with thousands of people from all walks of life, working to end discrimination against lesbians, gays, and bisexuals.
- Teach your children that being gay, lesbian, or bisexual is simply another means of expressing love.
- If one of your family is gay, lesbian, or bisexual be sure to let them know you love them just the way they are.
- Don’t tell anti-gay jokes. You just perpetuate the stereotypes about gays and lesbians.
- Read PFLAG literature and find out more about what it is really like to be a lesbian, gay, or bisexual in our society.
- Be open with others about having lesbian, gay, or bisexual friends or family. Secrecy breeds shame.
- If you over hear someone making an anti-gay comment, let them know you don’t agree or approve.
- Write Congress to protest any anti-gay legislation as you become aware of it.
- Encourage open and honest discussion of gay, lesbian, and bisexual issues in your home, workplace and church.
- Stand with those who believe that discrimination against anyone is a crime against humanity – TAKE A STAND WITH PFLAG.
10 Simple Things You Can Do To Make a Difference
PFLAG-KC Contact Info
PO Box 414101
Kansas City, Missouri 64141
helpline: (816) 765-9818
Regional PFLAG chapters
P.O. Box 364
Lindsborg, KS 67456
P.O. Box 8162
Topeka, KS 66608-0162
helpline: (785) 841-2345
711 NW 10th Street Apt #B-3
Abilene, KS 64410
phone: (785) 263-3946
helpline: (785) 263-3946
PFLAG St. Joseph
Saint Joseph, MO
helpline: (913) 306-5205
PFLAG St. Louis / Suburban
99 West Sherwood Drive
St. Louis, MO 63114
helpline: (314) 821-3524
P.O. Box 1752
Springfield, MO 65801
helpline: (417) 889-1059
PFLAG Columbia / Mid-Missouri
P.O. Box 7595
Columbia, MO 65204
PFLAG Kansas City general meetings are held at two locations:
* On the 2nd Sunday of each month at 3:00 pm at Village Presbyterian Church, 6641 Mission Road, Room 307, Prairie Village, KS. The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. (Everyone is also welcome to attend the Board meeting beginning at 1:30 pm.)
* On the 4th Sunday of each month at 3:00 pm at the LikeMe Light House, 3909 Main St, Kansas City, MO.