- Become a member of PFLAG and join with thousands of people from all walks of life, working to end discrimination against lesbians, gays, and bisexuals.
- Teach your children that being gay, lesbian, or bisexual is simply another means of expressing love.
- If one of your family is gay, lesbian, or bisexual be sure to let them know you love them just the way they are.
- Don’t tell anti-gay jokes. You just perpetuate the stereotypes about gays and lesbians.
- Read PFLAG literature and find out more about what it is really like to be a lesbian, gay, or bisexual in our society.
- Be open with others about having lesbian, gay, or bisexual friends or family. Secrecy breeds shame.
- If you over hear someone making an anti-gay comment, let them know you don’t agree or approve.
- Write Congress to protest any anti-gay legislation as you become aware of it.
- Encourage open and honest discussion of gay, lesbian, and bisexual issues in your home, workplace and church.
- Stand with those who believe that discrimination against anyone is a crime against humanity – TAKE A STAND WITH PFLAG.
10 Simple Things You Can Do To Make a Difference
PFLAG-KC Contact Info
PO Box 12294
Overland Park, KS 66282
helpline: (816) 765-9818
Regional PFLAG chapters
1910 SW Sieben Ct.
Topeka, KS 66611
helpline (785) 235-3831
PFLAG St. Joseph
927 Faraon Street
St. Joseph, MO 64501
PFLAG St. Louis
P.O. Box 410114
St. Louis , MO 63141
helpline: (314) 821-3524
All PFLAG-KC meetings are now virtual until further notice.
PFLAG Kansas City general meetings are held at three locations:
* On the 2nd Sunday of each month at 3:00 pm at Village Presbyterian Church, 6641 Mission Road, Room 307, Prairie Village, KS. The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. (Everyone is also welcome to attend the Board meeting beginning at 1:30 pm.)
* On the 4th Sunday of each month at 3:00 pm at the Kansas City Center for Inclusion, 3909 Main St, Kansas City, MO.
* The Independence satellite meeting is on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at Northern Boulevard United Methodist Church, 1800 S. Northern Blvd., Independence, MO.