- Become a member of PFLAG and join with thousands of people from all walks of life, working to end discrimination against lesbians, gays, and bisexuals.
- Teach your children that being gay, lesbian, or bisexual is simply another means of expressing love.
- If one of your family is gay, lesbian, or bisexual be sure to let them know you love them just the way they are.
- Don’t tell anti-gay jokes. You just perpetuate the stereotypes about gays and lesbians.
- Read PFLAG literature and find out more about what it is really like to be a lesbian, gay, or bisexual in our society.
- Be open with others about having lesbian, gay, or bisexual friends or family. Secrecy breeds shame.
- If you over hear someone making an anti-gay comment, let them know you don’t agree or approve.
- Write Congress to protest any anti-gay legislation as you become aware of it.
- Encourage open and honest discussion of gay, lesbian, and bisexual issues in your home, workplace and church.
- Stand with those who believe that discrimination against anyone is a crime against humanity – TAKE A STAND WITH PFLAG.
10 Simple Things You Can Do To Make a Difference
PFLAG-KC Contact Info
PO Box 12294
Overland Park, KS 66282
helpline: (816) 765-9818
Regional PFLAG chapters
1910 SW Sieben Ct.
Topeka, KS 66611
helpline (785) 235-3831
PFLAG St. Joseph
927 Faraon Street
St. Joseph, MO 64501
PFLAG St. Louis
P.O. Box 410114
St. Louis , MO 63141
helpline: (314) 821-3524
PFLAG-KC Sunday meetings are virtual until further notice.
PFLAG Kansas City general meetings are held at three locations:
* On the 2nd Sunday of each month at 3:00 PM (Online only) at Village Presbyterian Church, 6641 Mission Road, Room 307, Prairie Village, KS. The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. (Everyone is also welcome to attend the Board meeting beginning at 1:30 PM.)
* On the 4th Sunday of each month at 3:00 PM (Online only).
* The Independence satellite meeting is now on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8 PM both online and in person at Northern Boulevard United Methodist Church, 1800 S. Northern Blvd., Independence, MO.
If you have any questions please message us at PFLAGKC on Facebook.